Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Tribute to My Father

Welcome to my first blog...
I've been called a chip off the old block, or maybe 'Blockhead'?! so in honor of my father, my Bishop, Pastor, dad, and friend, and in light of Father's Day, I wanted my first blog to share a poem I placed in our church bulletin for June.

A Tribute to My Father

It's not always been easy
To walk the path you’ve trod
At times it seemed to make no sense,
This path you’ve walked with God

Some questioned your ability
To see the effort through
Still, step by step, you labored on
And in God’s grace, you grew

While once you ran your race with speed
Your steps, of late, have slowed
But daily on this upward climb
You ever onward go

I only wish that you could see
The impact you have made
Upon each life that you have touched
All along this way

And one day, Dad, I know you’ll hear
God’s mighty trumpet sound
And whether on or in the ground
Your spirit will respond

And there, before God’s mighty throne
I pray you finally see
The many souls you’ve fought to reach
Gain total victory

And hear your Savior’s voice proclaim
“Well done, my faithful son,
You’ve fought the fight and kept the faith
And now, at last, you're home

-----

I love you Dad!  You and Mom are ever in my heart and prayers.

Thanks for reading! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you!

    Welcome to the blogging world!

    I love the poem! What a great tribute!

    Love your niecy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful writing! What an awesome tribute to a remarkable man of God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a comment on my phone but it didn't make it to your blog. This tribute to our Dad is absolutely beautiful and true! Thanks for penning the words of your heart, which mirror mine!!

    Love, your sister,
    Charlotte

    P. S. I am SO glad to see that you have become a blogger. I knew you would be the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though you wrote this a few years ago, it's more beautiful today on Dad's 83rd birthday! Love you.... and Dad and Mom!

    ReplyDelete